Skip to main content

School Days

Last Friday I was getting my nails and feet done with JJ. I try not to bring him with me but as a single mother I do what I have to do. My day one came in the shop and was talking with us. Like she has known me since David was a little boy going to 197. She was getting a pedicure on her break. She kept JJ entertained while I got my nails done even though she could of been bounced...she went to the store for him and got him a snack and a juice. It’s been on my mind because she gave me a recommendation on a school in our neighborhood for Jermaine. I didn’t even know about it and neither did the Specialist or his teachers....He currently has in-house services 5 days a week and is thriving. He needs to be in an environment with his peers so he can have a great quality of life. I was apprehensive to send him far away in other parts of Queens and Brooklyn that was recommended and although I LOVE my TEAM home based services take a lot of coordination and patience...this will add more balance. I digress JJ has a spot and Im so excited for Pootie. He’s READY. The only way you can truly be an effective parent is by giving your MOST and leaving something for YOURSELF. Don’t let anyone make you feel some type of way about the decisions you make when you have your children’s best interest at heart. I’m DEAF and it didn’t STOP ANYTHING 😏Jermaine is brilliant and not just because he’s MY child but because he’s God’s🙏🏾He knows what He is doing. I don’t know who needs to see this but trust in The Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding....my intelligence that He placed inside me can only take me so far my FAITH is my real gift. I prayed so many prayers for others I pray every day for my sons. This is Jermaine’s journey so I don’t OD on “sharenting” stories but I want to reach out to my TRIBE my Sisterhood women of color who are intelligent, loving and great Moms who may feel overwhelmed and think doing everything RiGHT isn’t working....the ENEMY will attack but it’s not what you are CALLED but what you answer to. Trust the process I am a testament that 21 years will FLY by and EVERYTHING will work out for the greater good...#kimkwotes #hermajesty

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...