Skip to main content

To Her, With Love

My baby is officially in Pre-K. To say its amazing would be putting it mildly. I am so proud of him. I knew that once he was there he was going to love it. That is all that matters that he thrives. I love my children and David and are so elated that Jermaine is happy and in school. To God Be The Glory.

I am praying for the Bahamas. In every city there's delegates and a coalition that is sending aid through various organizations. If all else fails contact Reality star and philanthropist Bethenny Frankel who is spearheading relief efforts through her charitable endeavors. They are devastated and need assistance.

I have an exciting month coming up ahead. I am very thankful that life is good. Worry is the thief of joy. What's to be is to be! When you yearn for peace and it is granted you will live and feel differently. The life The Creator has given me is one that brings me unbridled happiness. I spent an entire year worrying about a GREAT day! That's over! Like I am living my best life EVER! I have carved out a niche for myself. Just me. To whom much is given much is required!

When I was in Martin my first period class was typing. They were fixing the roads in my community so we were always excused for lateness. That set the stage for...anyway I'm drifting lol. My typing teacher was a bitch. So cruising off that I got skipped in junior high school AND I work in the guidance counselors office I NEVER WENT. Open school night my Mother and the teacher got into it. This bitch told Mommy in 1991 that I needed to learn how to type because that's the only way I was gonna get a job. I STILL LAUGH. My mother let the Far Rock come out of her. I was fourteen and old enough to understand that my Mother had a good ass job and she would really fight this bitch right HERE. She even brought up that kindergarten comment from Ms. Chakins old. dry, flat ass.

 I still cannot fathom how I ended up being so wild in high school. Nana always said it was ok I needed to experience that. I cut at her house in the afternoons with half the damn school. The One Life to Live years, I wouldn't trade that time for anything. I believe that now too. I was such a NERD. I still AM. It wasn't ALL bad. I had experiences that shaped who I am. I saw alot of life hanging in different areas. I just dragged Mommy through so much. She got over it-she worked at the phone company with Auntie in High School. She knew I loved that job. I did it WELL. I met alot of great people and learned alot. That's where I learned how to type Directory Assistance. I cannot believe it been over twenty years.

I'm a ride for mines like my parents rode for me. If it entails devoting my EVERYTHING for them to find their voices I will. I owe it to the lady who worked overnight and still drove me to school everyday because she loved me.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant with DAVID. At Uncle

Betty Baisley

 As I write but more importantly LIVE I THANK y’all for letting me sit in the front of the bus and listen to music with y’all when I stilll could hear. Papa used to turn the music up real loud for me too on the way to his customers to make his deliveries.  For keeping me in Ms, Goldstein’s class knowing I may have needed a different environment. For coming to my first day of Junior High school (albeit afterschool WHO does that?) For pressing my hair SO GOOD the first day of Martin. For telling me that Brooklyn Tech was a memory (I got waitlisted and didn’t want to go to Summer School to get in because I didn’t want to go there and NANA and GRANNY knew it! ) To not beat myself up over it. (Mommy is STILL MAD in Heaven❤️) To standing outside Martin with Aunt Colette and Mommy because the girls didn’t like me but the boys did!  The most important lesson I learned was to put ME FIRST! NANA you loved us ALL independently and individually. You made sure we had toiletries, pens to do homework

South Side we OUTSIDE

 I haven’t been bothering ANYONE I stay to myself and take care of my child and my business! I saw two GORGEOUS apartments in NY that wasn’t the right fit for JJ and I. With Aunt Colette and Ms. May because no matter WHAT they have going ON they GOT me! So in ONE WEEK I have set in place the steps to for THE FIRST TIME in my LIFE do exactly WTF I WANNA do! It’s so LIBERATING!  I’m not letting NOBODY stress me OUT! Y’all can HAVE that! I’m JJ’s EVERYTHING! I’m such a GOOD MOTHER! BOTH TIMES! I ask GOD EVERY day to give me the strength to keep moving! Y’all don’t KNOW what I go through!  I don’t care WHO TALK about ME!  I don’t CARE! I always did! I always respect people that don’t respect me! I love who I LOVE! SO! I LISTEN and act RIGHT too! I co-sign on EVERYTHING y’all do! I give the fresh perspective, advice when solicited because WHO AM I TO JUDGE!  I’m so HAPPY and PROUD of myself! My Sister and I are a TAG TEAM! My FAMILY is AMAZING and Nana and Pop Pop didn’t CARE if anyone thou