Skip to main content

Social Distancing

I haven’t really written a lot lately on Facebook but I have something to say: I am a Native New Yorker and strive to be a leader by example and to bridge the divide. ONLY in NYC can you leave your family in y’all safe haven and go home and take a hot shower because they turned the lights on after weeks post Sandy and come outside smelling like a new day has dawned and run into Governor Cuomo and the media on the corner of your block....

I am an orator. My strength comes from the fact that I am deaf so I block out the noise. I make eye contact with people, I engage you. I was grateful that he was THERE. I was happy he took the time to  talk to everyone. My zenith had already come when Christine Quinn who at the time was City Council Speaker and has a deaf relative came marching over to me at the National Verizon ERG event that I orchestrated. She was the keynote speaker. I told her years ago at a Women’s Day event don’t be scared of Bloomberg RUN don’t wait and I will help you. My CEO was so proud of me-he came from the bottom and he KNEW how hard I worked. Those moments meant a lot to me. Talking to Andrew Cuomo was and is a catalyst to me considering what we are experiencing and what lies ahead....

My handshake is my signature. Before I even tell you I am deaf I shake your hand. It will start the conversation. Every time. My Daddy taught me that. Governor Cuomo has the nicest, kindest, brightest eyes....I shook his hand like he will remember this one day. He was ready... I started my speech on behalf of my community. Everyone was out there we was by The now shuttered Chinese restaurant Beijing. The same one me and my friends used to be in when we were in JHS. The same window I was looking out of doing Social Studies and Ms. Schwartz we had her for two years (Daniele HATED her) Manifestation...

I say what I WANT! I know what to say not to go to jail-knock on wood. That’s why I don’t antagonize opposing loyalists because they are crazy and they will hurt you. Cuomo isn’t scared of anyone. I have seen him up close-he pays like he ways he can knock you down. 

He really was listening to me and talking to me so I could hear him. Of course ain’t nobody was saying shit you could hear a pin drop....I told him my theory on the cause of the outage and the time it took to reconnect it and my mother’s physical ailments culminating with the election that year. He asked me how we faired together at Mommy’s house but Chris his little brother (that’s his best friend because their Dad worked a lot)HAS the CORONAVIRUS which can turn on you instantly.....

When this was in China and Italy we didn’t have it. Look at NY. It was all good two weeks ago. STOP getting your hair done in people’s houses. STOP letting people come in your house. Just because someone doesn’t look sick doesn’t mean they aren’t. Let the NYPD under Former Commissioner O’Neill handle the ventilators and medical equipment so if we have left overs we can pass them along. 

I am candid with you all because I love you. Each and everyone one of you that are my friends on Facebook I love or I would of deleted you my shit is PUBLIC for the heroes and the haters. THIS is NOT a TEST!   


And when this is OVER we will not be the same. The irony of it is it took ALL this to make us wanna put our phones down and go outside and play. When you see Andrew you see Mario but that’s Matilda’s child. Chris too. This shit is so REAL. I am with my children. STAY in the house ALL over the COUNTRY PLEASE....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant with DAVID. At Uncle

Betty Baisley

 As I write but more importantly LIVE I THANK y’all for letting me sit in the front of the bus and listen to music with y’all when I stilll could hear. Papa used to turn the music up real loud for me too on the way to his customers to make his deliveries.  For keeping me in Ms, Goldstein’s class knowing I may have needed a different environment. For coming to my first day of Junior High school (albeit afterschool WHO does that?) For pressing my hair SO GOOD the first day of Martin. For telling me that Brooklyn Tech was a memory (I got waitlisted and didn’t want to go to Summer School to get in because I didn’t want to go there and NANA and GRANNY knew it! ) To not beat myself up over it. (Mommy is STILL MAD in Heaven❤️) To standing outside Martin with Aunt Colette and Mommy because the girls didn’t like me but the boys did!  The most important lesson I learned was to put ME FIRST! NANA you loved us ALL independently and individually. You made sure we had toiletries, pens to do homework

South Side we OUTSIDE

 I haven’t been bothering ANYONE I stay to myself and take care of my child and my business! I saw two GORGEOUS apartments in NY that wasn’t the right fit for JJ and I. With Aunt Colette and Ms. May because no matter WHAT they have going ON they GOT me! So in ONE WEEK I have set in place the steps to for THE FIRST TIME in my LIFE do exactly WTF I WANNA do! It’s so LIBERATING!  I’m not letting NOBODY stress me OUT! Y’all can HAVE that! I’m JJ’s EVERYTHING! I’m such a GOOD MOTHER! BOTH TIMES! I ask GOD EVERY day to give me the strength to keep moving! Y’all don’t KNOW what I go through!  I don’t care WHO TALK about ME!  I don’t CARE! I always did! I always respect people that don’t respect me! I love who I LOVE! SO! I LISTEN and act RIGHT too! I co-sign on EVERYTHING y’all do! I give the fresh perspective, advice when solicited because WHO AM I TO JUDGE!  I’m so HAPPY and PROUD of myself! My Sister and I are a TAG TEAM! My FAMILY is AMAZING and Nana and Pop Pop didn’t CARE if anyone thou