Skip to main content

Social Distancing

I haven’t really written a lot lately on Facebook but I have something to say: I am a Native New Yorker and strive to be a leader by example and to bridge the divide. ONLY in NYC can you leave your family in y’all safe haven and go home and take a hot shower because they turned the lights on after weeks post Sandy and come outside smelling like a new day has dawned and run into Governor Cuomo and the media on the corner of your block....

I am an orator. My strength comes from the fact that I am deaf so I block out the noise. I make eye contact with people, I engage you. I was grateful that he was THERE. I was happy he took the time to  talk to everyone. My zenith had already come when Christine Quinn who at the time was City Council Speaker and has a deaf relative came marching over to me at the National Verizon ERG event that I orchestrated. She was the keynote speaker. I told her years ago at a Women’s Day event don’t be scared of Bloomberg RUN don’t wait and I will help you. My CEO was so proud of me-he came from the bottom and he KNEW how hard I worked. Those moments meant a lot to me. Talking to Andrew Cuomo was and is a catalyst to me considering what we are experiencing and what lies ahead....

My handshake is my signature. Before I even tell you I am deaf I shake your hand. It will start the conversation. Every time. My Daddy taught me that. Governor Cuomo has the nicest, kindest, brightest eyes....I shook his hand like he will remember this one day. He was ready... I started my speech on behalf of my community. Everyone was out there we was by The now shuttered Chinese restaurant Beijing. The same one me and my friends used to be in when we were in JHS. The same window I was looking out of doing Social Studies and Ms. Schwartz we had her for two years (Daniele HATED her) Manifestation...

I say what I WANT! I know what to say not to go to jail-knock on wood. That’s why I don’t antagonize opposing loyalists because they are crazy and they will hurt you. Cuomo isn’t scared of anyone. I have seen him up close-he pays like he ways he can knock you down. 

He really was listening to me and talking to me so I could hear him. Of course ain’t nobody was saying shit you could hear a pin drop....I told him my theory on the cause of the outage and the time it took to reconnect it and my mother’s physical ailments culminating with the election that year. He asked me how we faired together at Mommy’s house but Chris his little brother (that’s his best friend because their Dad worked a lot)HAS the CORONAVIRUS which can turn on you instantly.....

When this was in China and Italy we didn’t have it. Look at NY. It was all good two weeks ago. STOP getting your hair done in people’s houses. STOP letting people come in your house. Just because someone doesn’t look sick doesn’t mean they aren’t. Let the NYPD under Former Commissioner O’Neill handle the ventilators and medical equipment so if we have left overs we can pass them along. 

I am candid with you all because I love you. Each and everyone one of you that are my friends on Facebook I love or I would of deleted you my shit is PUBLIC for the heroes and the haters. THIS is NOT a TEST!   


And when this is OVER we will not be the same. The irony of it is it took ALL this to make us wanna put our phones down and go outside and play. When you see Andrew you see Mario but that’s Matilda’s child. Chris too. This shit is so REAL. I am with my children. STAY in the house ALL over the COUNTRY PLEASE....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...