Skip to main content

Far Rock STAND UP

  I took part in a workshop last night about Building a Winning Team. It was informative and concise. I truly enjoyed the instructors take on delegating tasks to trained professionals in lieu of trying to do everything yourself. Which as a business owner can be difficult because you’re doing EVERYTHING. YOURSELF. 


One of the core principles was to paraphrase “if you stay ready you don’t have to get ready” Having a team comprised of professionals (even in consultant roles) is imperative to having your business succeed.  I’m great at delegating tasks to others because my life is comprised of an infinite amount of time and I can’t do EVERYTHING. 


At the end of this project the participants should have acquired 


At the end of this project the participants should have acquired the skills and training to successfully present a business pitch. Which is a business plan showing customer needs, industry analysis, risks, financial projection, a business model, overview of the competition. 


Our instructor who is a  very successful woman of color started her business with a 1400 dollar grant that she was so appreciative of. Regardless if I secure the top prize of literally having my entire plan funded (which I’m AIMING for) in the last 3 weeks I have learned so much! I also have confidence in myself and my ability to SUCCEED. 


My neighborhood has gone from the proverbial pariah to paradise. The long term growth that myself and others see is so ironic. Like my community is one of the BEST places in NY to OPEN a BUSINESS right NOW. The fact that I’m doing it and PREPARED because of all the years I have LIVED here and my ties to my community isn’t lost on my instructors or myself. 


I’m DEAF so I appreciate the closed captioning but when I TALK and people are absorbing what I’m SAYING and not trying to downplay my ambitions or my initiatives I pick up on THAT. 


I always said all I needed was Capital and Childcare. It’s THREE C’s tho-CONFIDENCE is KEY. I believe in myself and not just about bringing an Event Venue here. But the sheer determination I have in showing my sons that anything is possible if you PREPARE. 


I wrote this because I just wanted someone who may be on their own trajectory to see this and know that as long as you believe in yourself, your path, your JOURNEY that the world will ADJUST. 


Moving Right Along( in my Fathers voice)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...