Skip to main content

I’m so FLY

As I spend this cold, bright Saturday devoted to myself I look back at all I have accomplished since Jermaine was born. I’m a very pessimistic person. Yet I have an innate ability to encourage, motivate and inspire others. All of my life. So while paying it forward I have directed my time and energy into myself and my children. And I have been blessed tenfold. It pays to be nice to people.

The other day I ALMOST in true Kim form told this woman to mind her fucking business when she inquired why I was so upset. Yet like a MIGHTY River the words flowed like a damn being bursted. She peeled off the old bandaids(defense mechanisms and the cliche-“I’m okay”) I used to cover my internal wounds and dressed them, rebandaged them and kissed my booboos. She talked to me like a woman, a friend and my equal. I only encountered her because I made a surprising ally in someone that six months ago saw me as just another hurt, bitter, LOUD angry black woman. Not all Law enforcement are the enemy. They will protect you when you need them and they always root for the good guys. Real recognizes REAL.

I spent two of the happiest and fulfilling hours of my life in an oasis of hope, love and Sisterhood. With women from all walks of life, race and religion. Crying, cracking jokes and walking away with the common theme that “if you don’t expect anything you won’t EVER be disappointed”. She is helping me. She doesn’t care how much money I have or don’t. I was with her ALL that time and painfully honest not caring about what I said because I knew THIS was different because of what she was SHARING with me. It scared me a little bit as well because it was almost like Mommy or Nana come back...

Turns out she’s SOMEONE really important but for that brief moment in time(in my Whitney voice) she was a beacon of hope. She reaffirmed my faith in humanity, Caucasian people and my gender. All she wants in return is for me to live the best life I possibly can and to hold my head up high, walk straight and KNOW that I am an intelligent, fashionable and beautiful young lady and live my life right so don’t worry about the people that don’t care about me. I hope this helps someone to realize that the best is yet to come.  


I'm so fly, I got money
So that's good enough reason to buy the things I buy
I'm so high, I'm on point
And I could tell that your jealous just by the look in your eye.......


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...