Skip to main content

Live on your level yet dream on another

Ever since Tyler Perry  created “Madea” alpha male minority men have been clowning  and ridiculing him. Milton Berle, Flip Wilson, Jamie Fox, Jim Carrey and others have worn a dress a time or two as well.

This weekend on a former slave plantation ala “Gone with the Wind” and “Tara” TP put on the celebration of the decade! Nothing is lost to me that Hattie McDaniel being best friends with Clark Gable yet forced to accept her OSCAR like the HELP and still being cast in roles that were not worthy of her caliber.

Even though Dianne Carroll didn’t live to unveil her stage her spirit was there and Cecily Tyson spry, steady and STUNNING was a highlight for me....

See when WE were little ALL we had was an occasional teacher, lawyer or JUDGE to name a few in our REAL lives. A person of color who choice their profession because it was a calling and to give BACK....But on television and the silver screen the people who were honored this weekend were the proverbial lanterns on our “Underground Railroads” the Movers and Shakers like Whoopi and Oprah MY GOD I remember the NIGHT Mommy and Aunt Audrey went to see “The Color Purple” Aunt Audrey was an Evangelist and she said that when they sang “God is trying to tell you something” the entire theater became as ONE....

Ever since my trip I have been on an aggrandizement mission. I have created daily the blueprint for the upcoming months. I used to always walk around with a planner when I worked for Verizon, I was doing my PTA, and political activities. Not only does it give me purpose but it also makes me feel fulfilled and keeps me organized.

This is my Blog Post but I wanted to share it with y’all. Block out the noise. Don’t worry about who doesn’t help you. That doesn’t matter. Who let you down and won’t help you UP. Tyler Perry said years ago his dream was to meet Oprah. That was as high as he would and could dream. My dream is to THANK TP. For giving me hope. For reaffirming that this life I was given by The Creator was customized just for me! My abilities and my limitations. My joys and my tragedies. I would of NEVER gotten on that plane if I was taking anyone with me.....

My Mama used to often say to ME “look at Tyler Perry Kimberly WRITE” so I have been from pre Dawn until I wake my kids up. When Eboni reminds me daily. When I smile thinking about how the workaholic of all workaholics Helen is enjoying her serenity. When I was in Daniele’s house in her sanctuary amazed that someone so humble could be this BLESSED. And the love she has for me will stand the tests of time. The ride to the airport was our dopest conversation we EVER had and we have had literally thousands over the years! You can’t bottle that shit (sorry Saints) and sell it in these streets. When I realized that the same friends I had at 7 I hope to be here with and know at 77.

And yes you will stumble-my greatest test will be when my dreams are fulfilled and the ones that swore they would always be there for me will attempt to taint it.....I’m READY because I’m PRETTY SURE TP wasn’t worried about a hater this weekend #liveonyourlevelyetdreamonanother

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant with DAVID. At Uncle

Betty Baisley

 As I write but more importantly LIVE I THANK y’all for letting me sit in the front of the bus and listen to music with y’all when I stilll could hear. Papa used to turn the music up real loud for me too on the way to his customers to make his deliveries.  For keeping me in Ms, Goldstein’s class knowing I may have needed a different environment. For coming to my first day of Junior High school (albeit afterschool WHO does that?) For pressing my hair SO GOOD the first day of Martin. For telling me that Brooklyn Tech was a memory (I got waitlisted and didn’t want to go to Summer School to get in because I didn’t want to go there and NANA and GRANNY knew it! ) To not beat myself up over it. (Mommy is STILL MAD in Heaven❤️) To standing outside Martin with Aunt Colette and Mommy because the girls didn’t like me but the boys did!  The most important lesson I learned was to put ME FIRST! NANA you loved us ALL independently and individually. You made sure we had toiletries, pens to do homework

South Side we OUTSIDE

 I haven’t been bothering ANYONE I stay to myself and take care of my child and my business! I saw two GORGEOUS apartments in NY that wasn’t the right fit for JJ and I. With Aunt Colette and Ms. May because no matter WHAT they have going ON they GOT me! So in ONE WEEK I have set in place the steps to for THE FIRST TIME in my LIFE do exactly WTF I WANNA do! It’s so LIBERATING!  I’m not letting NOBODY stress me OUT! Y’all can HAVE that! I’m JJ’s EVERYTHING! I’m such a GOOD MOTHER! BOTH TIMES! I ask GOD EVERY day to give me the strength to keep moving! Y’all don’t KNOW what I go through!  I don’t care WHO TALK about ME!  I don’t CARE! I always did! I always respect people that don’t respect me! I love who I LOVE! SO! I LISTEN and act RIGHT too! I co-sign on EVERYTHING y’all do! I give the fresh perspective, advice when solicited because WHO AM I TO JUDGE!  I’m so HAPPY and PROUD of myself! My Sister and I are a TAG TEAM! My FAMILY is AMAZING and Nana and Pop Pop didn’t CARE if anyone thou