Skip to main content

The Sweetest Days

I know its been a minute since I posted something. I WILL WRITE ALOT ABOUT Kobe-just not NOW. Although he has been laid to rest and tonight is the All-Star game, I want to wait until he and Gianna are memorialized at the Staples Center. I want to see him take center court one last time and hopefully then this poetess will have enough strength to compose something complete. NO I didn't know him personally yet he is the definition of reclamation. May God rest his soul.

I am trying to keep everything together the best way I know how. To whom much is given much is required. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to accept the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Daddy taught me that years ago in treatment. God knows I MISS my Father-but I'm glad he lived and I honor him daily by living in my truth. I strive to be a leader by example and to bridge the divide. To be the voice for the voiceless.

I am working on several projects at once. I am also assisting Ebonisharear with her business venture. David and Jermaine are thriving and we are blessed beyond measure. I am going to make this brief but I promise to update more often-life just gets in the way!

I am so grateful for my support system near and far! For the positivity and joy. The encouragement and laughter. For God choosing and oasis for Jermaine Jr.-a safe haven if you will-so he can be who he is and learn all the wonders that life has to offer. Ms. Geri is the real MVP because I have had great teachers and I like to think people learn from me as well. She is one of the best teachers I have encountered throughout my own childhood and Davids. Like Diana Vosswinkel(Fiore) you need teachers that think about your children years after the leave their room. Thanks for my child.....

I don't know who needs to hear this but GO for it! RIGHT now! Open up your business even if its on your kitchen table. Make that move if you need a change! Take a leap of faith! I wrote an entire television pilot in a week. I made it about my life. Things that BLACK people can relate to.  Autistic Moms can relate to. Moms of ADULTS can relate to. New Yorkers-lets see what comes! I was going to do a reboot (and I AM) but my entire life has been a MOVIE! I spent so much time complaining and wanting to do overs shittt.

.Out of ALL the things I have experienced one of the highlights was doing hennessy shots in front of Sean Penn at BB. Kings. We bought the bottle in SOMEBODY purse-the second one(after getting litt on the LIRR with the whole car (Jews and Gentiles)they said we couldnt bring it in but we could drink it here and brought us glasses and ice and he came up to me and put his arm around me-I told him "Mystic River was one of my favorite movies and leaned in close and that I am deaf and he smelled like success and sunshine" and he told me-when he turned me around that I WAS SHINING I was sooo loose AND free-  I told him "I'm happy because I have some money but it was blood money it came at a HIGH cost" and hugged him and I let go first-with Martha Stewart too she wanted to keep talking to me, I aint wanna fuck it up-and I KNOW if I EVER meet either of them again they will remember.....soooo I have to get in these ROOMS! I have to get off instagram and get in these studios! My fear of flying is over now....see you at the TOP!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant with DAVID. At Uncle

Betty Baisley

 As I write but more importantly LIVE I THANK y’all for letting me sit in the front of the bus and listen to music with y’all when I stilll could hear. Papa used to turn the music up real loud for me too on the way to his customers to make his deliveries.  For keeping me in Ms, Goldstein’s class knowing I may have needed a different environment. For coming to my first day of Junior High school (albeit afterschool WHO does that?) For pressing my hair SO GOOD the first day of Martin. For telling me that Brooklyn Tech was a memory (I got waitlisted and didn’t want to go to Summer School to get in because I didn’t want to go there and NANA and GRANNY knew it! ) To not beat myself up over it. (Mommy is STILL MAD in Heaven❤️) To standing outside Martin with Aunt Colette and Mommy because the girls didn’t like me but the boys did!  The most important lesson I learned was to put ME FIRST! NANA you loved us ALL independently and individually. You made sure we had toiletries, pens to do homework

South Side we OUTSIDE

 I haven’t been bothering ANYONE I stay to myself and take care of my child and my business! I saw two GORGEOUS apartments in NY that wasn’t the right fit for JJ and I. With Aunt Colette and Ms. May because no matter WHAT they have going ON they GOT me! So in ONE WEEK I have set in place the steps to for THE FIRST TIME in my LIFE do exactly WTF I WANNA do! It’s so LIBERATING!  I’m not letting NOBODY stress me OUT! Y’all can HAVE that! I’m JJ’s EVERYTHING! I’m such a GOOD MOTHER! BOTH TIMES! I ask GOD EVERY day to give me the strength to keep moving! Y’all don’t KNOW what I go through!  I don’t care WHO TALK about ME!  I don’t CARE! I always did! I always respect people that don’t respect me! I love who I LOVE! SO! I LISTEN and act RIGHT too! I co-sign on EVERYTHING y’all do! I give the fresh perspective, advice when solicited because WHO AM I TO JUDGE!  I’m so HAPPY and PROUD of myself! My Sister and I are a TAG TEAM! My FAMILY is AMAZING and Nana and Pop Pop didn’t CARE if anyone thou