Skip to main content

The Sweetest Days

I know its been a minute since I posted something. I WILL WRITE ALOT ABOUT Kobe-just not NOW. Although he has been laid to rest and tonight is the All-Star game, I want to wait until he and Gianna are memorialized at the Staples Center. I want to see him take center court one last time and hopefully then this poetess will have enough strength to compose something complete. NO I didn't know him personally yet he is the definition of reclamation. May God rest his soul.

I am trying to keep everything together the best way I know how. To whom much is given much is required. God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to accept the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference. Daddy taught me that years ago in treatment. God knows I MISS my Father-but I'm glad he lived and I honor him daily by living in my truth. I strive to be a leader by example and to bridge the divide. To be the voice for the voiceless.

I am working on several projects at once. I am also assisting Ebonisharear with her business venture. David and Jermaine are thriving and we are blessed beyond measure. I am going to make this brief but I promise to update more often-life just gets in the way!

I am so grateful for my support system near and far! For the positivity and joy. The encouragement and laughter. For God choosing and oasis for Jermaine Jr.-a safe haven if you will-so he can be who he is and learn all the wonders that life has to offer. Ms. Geri is the real MVP because I have had great teachers and I like to think people learn from me as well. She is one of the best teachers I have encountered throughout my own childhood and Davids. Like Diana Vosswinkel(Fiore) you need teachers that think about your children years after the leave their room. Thanks for my child.....

I don't know who needs to hear this but GO for it! RIGHT now! Open up your business even if its on your kitchen table. Make that move if you need a change! Take a leap of faith! I wrote an entire television pilot in a week. I made it about my life. Things that BLACK people can relate to.  Autistic Moms can relate to. Moms of ADULTS can relate to. New Yorkers-lets see what comes! I was going to do a reboot (and I AM) but my entire life has been a MOVIE! I spent so much time complaining and wanting to do overs shittt.

.Out of ALL the things I have experienced one of the highlights was doing hennessy shots in front of Sean Penn at BB. Kings. We bought the bottle in SOMEBODY purse-the second one(after getting litt on the LIRR with the whole car (Jews and Gentiles)they said we couldnt bring it in but we could drink it here and brought us glasses and ice and he came up to me and put his arm around me-I told him "Mystic River was one of my favorite movies and leaned in close and that I am deaf and he smelled like success and sunshine" and he told me-when he turned me around that I WAS SHINING I was sooo loose AND free-  I told him "I'm happy because I have some money but it was blood money it came at a HIGH cost" and hugged him and I let go first-with Martha Stewart too she wanted to keep talking to me, I aint wanna fuck it up-and I KNOW if I EVER meet either of them again they will remember.....soooo I have to get in these ROOMS! I have to get off instagram and get in these studios! My fear of flying is over now....see you at the TOP!







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...