Skip to main content

Love Wins





 I


did it like 5 times as a Directory Assistance Operator that shift was rough and I was young . My Father worked 630 am-230pm in the Post office he would be at work mad early. Even his funeral started on TIME! 🙏🏾


My mother switched from nights (11-7) to 7am-3pm after 25 years. She worked in the Post Office from the time she was 18 until she retired. She wanted to work in the bank she was brilliant with numbers a trait Courtney inherited. The Post Offive called her first and she committed to it and THEN the bank called her....


She was so MAD at herself for not switching sooner. She wanted to spend every second available to us. I SEE that NOW/. We had the same phone number until I was grown. She always left the best impressions. When she died the man that owns the check cashing place told me that my Mother was one of the most responsible people he ever met...How many times did he cash her checks and she spent almost every dime on bills? No Food Stamps. no Jiggets, no Section 8, no NOTHING!!! The lady that works in the bank actually wept because she remembered “GWEN in her PRIME” My Mother who drove everyone anywhere who took my friends to school who took us EVERYWHERE who went to the Bronx EVERY day to see Granny in the hospital for months those tolls and parking after just losing Papa yet going to work every night Aunt Audrey told me GINNY -That’s what MATTERED. She did the best she could and made us strong and independent....


Y’all been on my mind lately because WHO would I be without y’all???? HOW would I have turned out??? I would of been a bird ass bitch dripped in Gucci sleeping in somebodys house room driving a Range! 


I miss y’all dearly yet the memories sustain me. Until we meet again keep slaying my dragons Daddy and Mommy-you always said “save that strength for your KIDS-JJ is all YOU #WCW #Itsalessonifyouleatnsomething #youandKitavoice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...