Skip to main content

A Mighty River

PSA: To ALL the PEOPLE of COLOR who CLOWNED Tyler Perry on SOCIAL media for YEARS he’s MAKING the MOVIES that y’all thought he should of been making ALL along NOW. At his own STUDIO built on a former plantation and sacred SOIL. 



My Mother was a Tyler Perry Superfan. Her and Cherylann from the BEGINNING. She said these stories needed to be told because it be just like THIS in REAL LIFE. I remember one LOW day in my LIFE back when he was still writing his weekly and sometimes daily emails. He was talking about how he was defeated, broke, lost and HURT. Because throughout his LIFE f*cked up SH$T happened to HIM yet he remained aligned with God and gave him ALL the Glory. 


He was BROKEN. He told the owner of the theater this was IT. The last show he was going back to MCI or whatever telecommunications company he worked for. This was the LAST show. He asked God for a SIGN. And he looked out the window and the line was around the Block for his show.  


People come into your life for a SEASON. He taught me that TOO. Sometimes those seasons leave trees as rewards so nurture and sustain the TREE. He also taught me not to be embarrassed about the things that happened in your life. Mary J Blige taught me that too. 


I spent so much of my life worried about my REPUTATION instead of thanking God for my CHARACTER. My Mother NEVER cared what people thought about her. Duane always wanted me to be STRONG because he’s my REAL friend. 


I go so HARD for my FAMILY. I put EVERYTHING into my KIDS because my Mother worked so HARD so that we NEVER sat in the street or was hungry. We may of not always liked what we ATE but we ATE every DAY. 


As I embark on this journey of cultivating and manifesting what The Creator has in store for me I thank God for the lessons and the love from my Mother. Back watching bootleg Madea with no closed captioning my MOTHER made SURE I HEARD her SAY “Let them GO” 


If I ever was TOXIC in your LIFE I apologize. I sincerely do. Because releasing ALL that is not for ME has changed my LIFE. Perfection is unattainable yet happiness comes from within. 


LIVE on your LEVEL yet DREAM on ANOTHER. 

Tyler Perry 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...