Skip to main content

True Story

People that never met my Father be like: Courtney fry the BEST chicken.


People that met my Father be like: Courtney fry chicken JUST like Ronald. He FED everyone. 


People that KNOW us be like: Gwen and Ronald chicken was so GOOD because they BOTH could FRY chicken. Because Granny and Nana could fry chicken. 


Mommy just didn’t cook a lot because she worked all the time when she wasn’t sick and was TIRED and anemic. And  her man knew that from the START so he picked up the SLACK. 


I was always reading and writing in a corner or the bathroom or sitting in the car while they were ALL frying chicken🤣I always get the first piece from EVERY one of the people I have mentioned. 


FYI: Granny chicken was the BEST even Daddy SAID so. Granny would laugh with the fork in her hand and be like “Ronald you KNOW you can cook anything GOOD.” Nana would just BEAM with PRIDE as her child would perfectly fry so MUCH chicken. He would be ready for the corner like I BE 💤🤣so Aunt Jawtaun would take over. ALL of this AFTER Nana pressed our hair that morning because Pop Pop ain’t play about not mixing cooking and hair in the kitchen! 


They are ALL gone NOW so Courtney fries the best chicken her and Aunt Jawtaun. I have the innate ability to remember EVERYTHING. I ride around with my kids and cousins trying to give them a glimpse into how it used to be. David KNOWS so Bella will KNOW. When JJ on his maps rolling through southeastern Queens I show him EVERYTHING. 


Memories don’t live like people do. Yet they help you get by....


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...