Skip to main content

One Day at a Time

Thanksgiving is a time of remembrance for me because my parents met tonight oh so many years ago. My Father picked my Mother up in his cab on her way to work. Their relationship is and was one of the blueprints of my life. 


My Mother was the most INDEPENDENT person I KNEW. She came from a lineage that was literally built on fortitude. She was so much to do many yet she was my MOTHER. a life isn’t measured in years but in moments. We are still creating them TOGETHER Ginny. I still wish we would of had more time....


My Father ruined me for everyone but David. David is the love of my LIFE. My Father told me THAT. He loved me so much and was so MAD everyone assumed Mommy taught me everything 🤣🤣🤣🤣He taught me a lot of things yet the defining moment of our life is just how much I miss you TWIN. Everywhere we went they said “Is that your FATHER?” Duh Bitch-🤣🤣🤣🤣


I’m thankful for my Sons and Baba. For my family and friends who “GET me” For the unit we have created during the most tumultuous time in history! When everything went wrong and paused we did things right and kept it MOVING RIGHT ALONG!


David is cooking almost everything and I have to go  and be his sous chef. I miss y’all but I am enjoying my life one day at time....


This is it. This is it. 

This is life, the one you get 

So go and have a ball. 


This is it. This is it 

Straight ahead and rest assured 

You can't be sure at all. 


So while you're here enjoy the view 

Keep on doing what you do 

So hold on tight we'll muddle through 

One day at a time, One day at a time. 


So up on your feet. Up on your feet 

Somewhere there's music playing. 

Don't you worry none 

We'll just take it like it comes. 


One day at a time, one day at a time. 

One day at a time, one day at a time. 

One day at a time, one day at a time. 

One day at a time, one day at a time. #idonotowntherightstothismusic

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...