Skip to main content

A Tribute to Salvatore F. Aloe


 January 2, 2007 was not an ordinary day in my life. I was already scheduled to work only half a day because I had to take my son to a doctors appointment because he was being admitted to the hospital to see where his seizures that had suddenly come about were originating from. 


Sal was my Manager but he also was my tub mate and friend. He listened to my stories, NEVER once fronted on me or used anything about ME to get ahead at work. He taught me to work SMARTER and not HARDER. He would answer my phone for me if my Father called too many times in a row and take messages so they KNEW each other. Right before I left that day he said he wanted to talk to me and told me don’t worry about David he would be ok and I said to Sal “he makes me sooo sick but I love him” as I sent Daddy to voicemail. He said “he’s your father” (y’all HEAR him RIGHT) I DID too. 


My Father died that night. 


When I came back to work weeks later and still too soon Sal grabbed me up and rubbed my shoulders and as I started to weep as I do NOW he closed me out and sent me to the basement to get myself together. 


I JUST was thinking about Sal. He was one of the purest human beings that ever walked this earth not because he died but because he LIVED. 


I hope you and Daddy find each other in Heaven and KNOW that you BOTH were two stellar men in my life and the impact is felt and will be honored by living in my truth and working smarter not harder. Thanks for the love and the laughter Sally YOU were one of the GOOD guys🕊-Love Jenkins KDJ

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...