Skip to main content

Summertime Fine

I had an amazing Summer! Not only did I come into my own, I learned how to live in the moment. It is so empowering and exhilarating to dance to your own tune. My life is humblingly blissful. I feel amazing. I stepped out of my comfort zone on faith and God has guided my steps. He is The Redeemer.

I am so grateful and thankful for everyone I encounter in life. In the physical form I appreciate the support. My village sustains and motivates me. Through our hectic lives the camaraderie and fellowship creates a blanket of comfort with a beacon of understanding as a pillow. GOD told me to tell yall that. My way with prose, my ability to paint a picture with dialogue to capture a moment, a feeling, an emotion was embedded in me long before I ever took a breath. I lost my hearing almost twenty years ago. I never miss a beat. As I aged I discovered that my journey, my customized road at life was given distinctly to me because the world, the ages was suppose to know my stories.

This Summer has been my greatest test. I had to let my guard down and feverishly discover that I am not the best at everything. As a Mother I do my best but in order to give my children the life that many covet I must allow others to play a role. My sons are the only thing that I own outright besides my faith. My children allow me to marvel at God's unconditional love because when I look at them I feel complete WHOLE.

I have evolved so much because although David is grown I am still cultivating and nurturing him. He has his moments but I raised a fine, young man who is my Fathers heir. He set the foundation. I love my Father so much because he even in death has taught me something. Look at what he taught me in life! To be independent, strong and know even from Heaven he has my back. I can talk about him but nobody else can. Alot of dysfunctional children masquerading as adults needed a Father like Ronald. Redemption-do as I say not as I do. May God Rest His Soul.

Now this gift from Ginny, Jermaine. My baby has taught so many people that love is the answer. I cannot adequately articulate the magnetic force of his heart. He is joy in its purest form. A child that can stand out even in a sea of others. When I was pregnant with Jermaine I used to pray for a healthy child. And he is. He's so loving, intelligent and adaptable. The sheer range of his absorption is compelling. He's only two years old. And I wouldn't trade our journey for anything. He's my affirmation that theres a story to my glory. Give it to God and leave it with Him.

I would give anything to have my Mother with me. She couldn't stay another day. David said at the time "she was tired and held on so long for all of us" Kayla said "she's all better now" The Summer is a special time for me because it was the time of the year where every day was like a movie. Our house, the beach. Mommy and my birthday. It now reflects the time before your last birthday and your passing. Ginny I was with my kids on your birthday. I was briefly overwhelmed but you already KNOW.

My mother was such a good mother! That's why I love so hard and am so loyal. She saw the best in everyone. And if they showed you their worst she only had to see it one time. Except Daddy. He was a man. Flawed yet I can only imagine how good it must of felt, the RELIEF to be able to confide in, trust and rely on someone unconditionally. We were up more times then we were ever down. I see it so differently now because I reflect on it. It takes a craving of support, the dire time when everything that you have EVER suppressed surfaces. No ONE wants to HEAR anything negative about their child. But my parents have been here with me on this odyssey. The lessons in our home. The discussions in our car. The examples yall set for not only Us but our entire family. Our neighborhood. I thank you Mama. You left me in great hands-my OWN! Auntie said to me that my baby is lucky I am his Mother. It was just like you said it. I'm the lucky one because I love my baby.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant with DAVID. At Uncle

Betty Baisley

 As I write but more importantly LIVE I THANK y’all for letting me sit in the front of the bus and listen to music with y’all when I stilll could hear. Papa used to turn the music up real loud for me too on the way to his customers to make his deliveries.  For keeping me in Ms, Goldstein’s class knowing I may have needed a different environment. For coming to my first day of Junior High school (albeit afterschool WHO does that?) For pressing my hair SO GOOD the first day of Martin. For telling me that Brooklyn Tech was a memory (I got waitlisted and didn’t want to go to Summer School to get in because I didn’t want to go there and NANA and GRANNY knew it! ) To not beat myself up over it. (Mommy is STILL MAD in Heaven❤️) To standing outside Martin with Aunt Colette and Mommy because the girls didn’t like me but the boys did!  The most important lesson I learned was to put ME FIRST! NANA you loved us ALL independently and individually. You made sure we had toiletries, pens to do homework

South Side we OUTSIDE

 I haven’t been bothering ANYONE I stay to myself and take care of my child and my business! I saw two GORGEOUS apartments in NY that wasn’t the right fit for JJ and I. With Aunt Colette and Ms. May because no matter WHAT they have going ON they GOT me! So in ONE WEEK I have set in place the steps to for THE FIRST TIME in my LIFE do exactly WTF I WANNA do! It’s so LIBERATING!  I’m not letting NOBODY stress me OUT! Y’all can HAVE that! I’m JJ’s EVERYTHING! I’m such a GOOD MOTHER! BOTH TIMES! I ask GOD EVERY day to give me the strength to keep moving! Y’all don’t KNOW what I go through!  I don’t care WHO TALK about ME!  I don’t CARE! I always did! I always respect people that don’t respect me! I love who I LOVE! SO! I LISTEN and act RIGHT too! I co-sign on EVERYTHING y’all do! I give the fresh perspective, advice when solicited because WHO AM I TO JUDGE!  I’m so HAPPY and PROUD of myself! My Sister and I are a TAG TEAM! My FAMILY is AMAZING and Nana and Pop Pop didn’t CARE if anyone thou