Skip to main content

The Year In Review

As the final hours of 2017 dwindle down I am taking a moment to look back on EVERYTHING that transpired. Memorial Day weekend 2017 was a catalyst in my life. God knows my heart and He had a plan for me all along. It's ok to bend but NEVER break. Everything we go through good or bad is for a purpose. Trust the process and keep moving forward.

I am so excited about the New Year. I have plans, I am focused and I refuse to be discouraged! Don't let anyone take you out of your character. I KNOW it's HARD believe me I'm a heartless bitch. We spend so much of our lives worrying about things. Some days are better than others but I am happy. I was rusty for a minute, confined to my role as a stay-at-home Mom but Stella has definitely gotten her groove back.

I updated my home and I love the space we live in. I wanted to make it chic, yet child-friendly so I can entertain other Mothers like myself who with the inclement weather find it hard at times to socialize. The home improvement projects took my mind off a lot of nonsense. I'm proud of myself. I love waking up and seeing the results of my labor. I really be in Lowe's on some bullshit NOW. It doesn't cost much to spruce up your space little by little.

I literally have hundred of pages I have compiled for my book. I was writing from the "my kids are nineteen years apart almost to the day" perspective but recently I have decided to take another route. There are women out there from ALL walks of life but specifically women of color that need to HEAR my voice. It will be OKAY. Trust what God blocks. THEY weren't your people. Someone BETTER will come along that knows your worth. You deserve to have your dreams fostered. You don't have to be your own cheerleader ALL THE TIME. You will find someone who wants to lighten your load but ONLY after you work on yourself and HEAL. You don't have to SAVE everyone. I am a lot of things but WEAK isn't one of them. I have survived what would cripple others because God knew that in order to take me where I'm going He had to make sure I was traveling light.

Let your light shine. We have to think positively in order for it to manifest. I was determined to stop smoking cigarettes and I haven't had one since Halloween night. I was determined not to just jump into anything and have fun and I met someone magical who I almost pushed away not letting him all the way in. I'm QUIET for him because he makes me happy. I am so honest it's almost transparent. No MATTER where I am, in the world and times we live in strangers ask me for directions. Mommy used to say it's because I have a kind face. Life is short. Give it your ALL and go for what you believe in. I want my own EVERYTHING. Financial independence opens up so many doors. God gave me this brain, gave me these skills and the ability to tell a story like painting a portrait. I'm blessed and I am stepping out on faith and into my essence.

Above all I have my boys. I strive to be a great Mom and keep my kids safe and show them love at all times. David has my back and front and I love him unconditionally and wholeheartedly. We have been through alot in the last twenty-one years but we have come through everything better and not bitter and for that I am grateful. My Pootie, my J.J. is my Mother come right back. My baby has lit a fire inside me that was dormant since the Verizon years to go out and get this money by any means necessary. 2018 I'm CLAIMING it is my year. All the late nights, early mornings, the pages I wrote that brought tears to my eyes. The hard lessons I had to learn, I NEEDED to do THAT so I could STAND on my own. It was all for a reason.

I used to say "Why me?" I used to say "Why now?" I NOW SAY "Why not?" This isn't my first ride at the rodeo but TRUST and believe I know how to ride...If you keep yourself so busy that you have little time but to sleep your mind will rest. I'm a work in progress but I know I have come a long way. The best is yet to come!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant with DAVID. At Uncle

Betty Baisley

 As I write but more importantly LIVE I THANK y’all for letting me sit in the front of the bus and listen to music with y’all when I stilll could hear. Papa used to turn the music up real loud for me too on the way to his customers to make his deliveries.  For keeping me in Ms, Goldstein’s class knowing I may have needed a different environment. For coming to my first day of Junior High school (albeit afterschool WHO does that?) For pressing my hair SO GOOD the first day of Martin. For telling me that Brooklyn Tech was a memory (I got waitlisted and didn’t want to go to Summer School to get in because I didn’t want to go there and NANA and GRANNY knew it! ) To not beat myself up over it. (Mommy is STILL MAD in Heaven❤️) To standing outside Martin with Aunt Colette and Mommy because the girls didn’t like me but the boys did!  The most important lesson I learned was to put ME FIRST! NANA you loved us ALL independently and individually. You made sure we had toiletries, pens to do homework

South Side we OUTSIDE

 I haven’t been bothering ANYONE I stay to myself and take care of my child and my business! I saw two GORGEOUS apartments in NY that wasn’t the right fit for JJ and I. With Aunt Colette and Ms. May because no matter WHAT they have going ON they GOT me! So in ONE WEEK I have set in place the steps to for THE FIRST TIME in my LIFE do exactly WTF I WANNA do! It’s so LIBERATING!  I’m not letting NOBODY stress me OUT! Y’all can HAVE that! I’m JJ’s EVERYTHING! I’m such a GOOD MOTHER! BOTH TIMES! I ask GOD EVERY day to give me the strength to keep moving! Y’all don’t KNOW what I go through!  I don’t care WHO TALK about ME!  I don’t CARE! I always did! I always respect people that don’t respect me! I love who I LOVE! SO! I LISTEN and act RIGHT too! I co-sign on EVERYTHING y’all do! I give the fresh perspective, advice when solicited because WHO AM I TO JUDGE!  I’m so HAPPY and PROUD of myself! My Sister and I are a TAG TEAM! My FAMILY is AMAZING and Nana and Pop Pop didn’t CARE if anyone thou