Skip to main content

Good Tidings We Bring to you and your Kin

I'm in such a festive mood this year. I am excited about the holidays. Christmastime brings joy, peace and love. It allows you to celebrate the year and the traditions that mean so much. Lucky is gone this year but my precious Kitty lives on in my heart and his stocking will hang like it always has in honor of him. I have had two cats in my life who were ironically related and looked very much alike. I don't think I will ever get another Cat. We are getting Jermaine a SURPRISE for Christmas amongst other things. It's more for me though lol. I'm just excited to see my baby's face on Christmas morning. Knowing him he's just gonna play with the wrapping paper or knowing his meticulous self get it up and push you out the way to see the television. The Yule Log will be on in honor of my Father.

 The greatest gift I received this year other than the deliverance from anything hindering my growth is the shift of my views of my childhood. I love my Father so much and have such a respect for him. It was never about him it was always about us. He LOST HIMSELF at times but also found a way to reach me even now. Ronald and Kim used to be so petty. The jokesters, clowns. Mommy's laugh was infectious but Daddy would dig you a ditch with his barbs and push you in face first. J.J. puts his whole hand in his mouth just like him.

So this year I am going to bake cookies, crush candy canes and sprinkle them on top of hot cocoa. I'm going to take pictures and smile. I'm not going to worry about being perfect. David loves off the cuff videos yet I'm always finding an excuse not to be in them. My oldest son TRULY believes I'm going to be a STAR. You know how good that makes me feel? And my baby shoot let me find Sesame Street on the television I get the warmest hugs. He's watching it right now as I type and enjoy my morning coffee.

I am so glad this year played out exactly like it did. I needed it to find my independence. Not for nothing but giving up cigarettes, stepping out of my comfort zone and just not giving a damn has served me so well. Good Tiding We Bring for you and your Kin-we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Comments

  1. Aww cuz my view on my childhood has changed also. I feel as though all of the events the good and the bad was arranged by God. During my #awakening, memories long forgotten was lined up and arranged for my understanding. Downloaded into my brain which left my head leaning to the side as if someone just "fucked the shit outta me"...lol. Beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana was the best! She tried the best she could and gave each of us a bit of life! Our Queen she did it ALL and didn't complain about it! We are family and I love you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant with DAVID. At Uncle

Betty Baisley

 As I write but more importantly LIVE I THANK y’all for letting me sit in the front of the bus and listen to music with y’all when I stilll could hear. Papa used to turn the music up real loud for me too on the way to his customers to make his deliveries.  For keeping me in Ms, Goldstein’s class knowing I may have needed a different environment. For coming to my first day of Junior High school (albeit afterschool WHO does that?) For pressing my hair SO GOOD the first day of Martin. For telling me that Brooklyn Tech was a memory (I got waitlisted and didn’t want to go to Summer School to get in because I didn’t want to go there and NANA and GRANNY knew it! ) To not beat myself up over it. (Mommy is STILL MAD in Heaven❤️) To standing outside Martin with Aunt Colette and Mommy because the girls didn’t like me but the boys did!  The most important lesson I learned was to put ME FIRST! NANA you loved us ALL independently and individually. You made sure we had toiletries, pens to do homework

South Side we OUTSIDE

 I haven’t been bothering ANYONE I stay to myself and take care of my child and my business! I saw two GORGEOUS apartments in NY that wasn’t the right fit for JJ and I. With Aunt Colette and Ms. May because no matter WHAT they have going ON they GOT me! So in ONE WEEK I have set in place the steps to for THE FIRST TIME in my LIFE do exactly WTF I WANNA do! It’s so LIBERATING!  I’m not letting NOBODY stress me OUT! Y’all can HAVE that! I’m JJ’s EVERYTHING! I’m such a GOOD MOTHER! BOTH TIMES! I ask GOD EVERY day to give me the strength to keep moving! Y’all don’t KNOW what I go through!  I don’t care WHO TALK about ME!  I don’t CARE! I always did! I always respect people that don’t respect me! I love who I LOVE! SO! I LISTEN and act RIGHT too! I co-sign on EVERYTHING y’all do! I give the fresh perspective, advice when solicited because WHO AM I TO JUDGE!  I’m so HAPPY and PROUD of myself! My Sister and I are a TAG TEAM! My FAMILY is AMAZING and Nana and Pop Pop didn’t CARE if anyone thou