Skip to main content

Good Tidings We Bring to you and your Kin

I'm in such a festive mood this year. I am excited about the holidays. Christmastime brings joy, peace and love. It allows you to celebrate the year and the traditions that mean so much. Lucky is gone this year but my precious Kitty lives on in my heart and his stocking will hang like it always has in honor of him. I have had two cats in my life who were ironically related and looked very much alike. I don't think I will ever get another Cat. We are getting Jermaine a SURPRISE for Christmas amongst other things. It's more for me though lol. I'm just excited to see my baby's face on Christmas morning. Knowing him he's just gonna play with the wrapping paper or knowing his meticulous self get it up and push you out the way to see the television. The Yule Log will be on in honor of my Father.

 The greatest gift I received this year other than the deliverance from anything hindering my growth is the shift of my views of my childhood. I love my Father so much and have such a respect for him. It was never about him it was always about us. He LOST HIMSELF at times but also found a way to reach me even now. Ronald and Kim used to be so petty. The jokesters, clowns. Mommy's laugh was infectious but Daddy would dig you a ditch with his barbs and push you in face first. J.J. puts his whole hand in his mouth just like him.

So this year I am going to bake cookies, crush candy canes and sprinkle them on top of hot cocoa. I'm going to take pictures and smile. I'm not going to worry about being perfect. David loves off the cuff videos yet I'm always finding an excuse not to be in them. My oldest son TRULY believes I'm going to be a STAR. You know how good that makes me feel? And my baby shoot let me find Sesame Street on the television I get the warmest hugs. He's watching it right now as I type and enjoy my morning coffee.

I am so glad this year played out exactly like it did. I needed it to find my independence. Not for nothing but giving up cigarettes, stepping out of my comfort zone and just not giving a damn has served me so well. Good Tiding We Bring for you and your Kin-we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Comments

  1. Aww cuz my view on my childhood has changed also. I feel as though all of the events the good and the bad was arranged by God. During my #awakening, memories long forgotten was lined up and arranged for my understanding. Downloaded into my brain which left my head leaning to the side as if someone just "fucked the shit outta me"...lol. Beautiful it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nana was the best! She tried the best she could and gave each of us a bit of life! Our Queen she did it ALL and didn't complain about it! We are family and I love you

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...