Skip to main content

Tough Times don't Last but Strong People Do




No matter what life throws at you be confident in the knowledge that He is working EVERYTHING out for your greater good. Even in the chaos, the despair and the unknown give it to Him.

In my darkest hour I ALWAYS pray. I talk to God and ask him for his guidance(in my Yolanda Adams voice) Being reared in the church by an Evangelical Godmother my late Aunt Audrey I was reared by the affirmation that prayer changes things. And it does.

I needed Him to turn my life around. And He did on His time. I am a work in progress but I am claiming what I need and want in this life. My older cousin Shawana and I were talking recently. She is more like my Aunt in our family and she's extremely successful because's she's always evolving. Knowledge is the key and she's continuously reinventing herself and has ALWAYS been an innovative person. She listens to my dreams and desires without the "be happy for what you have now" spiel that I detest from some.

It's so HARD to grow when you are already blessed. You feel ALMOST as if wanting MORE is a sin. I just want my children to not want for anything. I want JJ to grow up in a place where he can be a CHILD and not worry about anything. That he can be exposed to positive people, places and things. That the work he puts in will be appreciated and rewarded fairly.

Most of my life I have cared about other's too much. The self proclaimed "captain save a hoe". I have no regrets in my life. It has molded me into the generous, caring and compassionate individual I am now. However I have put myself FIRST now. And I LOVE it. I truly do. I love my life NOW. I slip sometimes and still get angry at the lame stuff people do but that's their lot in life. When you stop caring what people think your load gets so much lighter.

25 years has flown by. 10 years has flown by. 18 months has flown by. I'm just trying to live, take care of my kids, have fun and create magic. Mommy used to always tell me "Kim WRITE. Let your light shine." And I am one word at a time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...