Skip to main content

Live, Laugh, Love

2017 is almost over. This year politically, emotionally and physically has been one for the books. In life one event can set in to motion many things. I am thankful for the journey but the experiences have led to catastrophic results on many levels. I do love the fact that minorities and women have taken stands and made strides for equality and acceptance. 

Personally I have been on a quest for peace. The people I surround myself with have my best interests at heart. I am fearless in my pursuit of happiness. I'm stepping out of my comfort zone and trying new things. SHIT I went roller skating last week. My oldest son is almost twenty-one years old. He has NEVER seen me on skates in his entire life! The irony of it is when I was younger my Father and I used to skate everywhere. Life is about taking chances, enjoying yourself and forgiveness. The lot of others is their's to bear not yours. Let go of the bitterness, disdain and YES in some instances disgust. Being angry only hurts you in the end. Karma is REAL and will come. Let people be just that-people. 

I'm just trying to live a great life and show my boys the world. We spend a lot of time together and the bond my kids have makes everything worthwhile. I'm tired of being cranky, fussy, frazzled and overwhelmed. I am truly living in the moment and loving it. I love the space I have created for myself and my sons. I love who I have evolved and reinvented myself into and the self care and preparation that goes into maintaining the best me. When you read my book just know that through it ALL a better me has emerged. I didn't love the process but am so grateful for it. 

When I was pregnant with David I thought I had lived so much life. It hadn't even begun. When I was pregnant with Jermaine I thought I was content with my life. It hadn't even begun. I am so blessed to have consistent, positive and loyal people in my life. Who bear some of my load, encourage me and support my endeavors. Who I can create with, vent to and build with. This year for every person I let go I embraced the opportunity of letting someone else in. Life is about change, joy and above all PEACE. There is a huge amount of freedom that comes to you when you take nothing personally. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant with DAVID. At Uncle

Betty Baisley

 As I write but more importantly LIVE I THANK y’all for letting me sit in the front of the bus and listen to music with y’all when I stilll could hear. Papa used to turn the music up real loud for me too on the way to his customers to make his deliveries.  For keeping me in Ms, Goldstein’s class knowing I may have needed a different environment. For coming to my first day of Junior High school (albeit afterschool WHO does that?) For pressing my hair SO GOOD the first day of Martin. For telling me that Brooklyn Tech was a memory (I got waitlisted and didn’t want to go to Summer School to get in because I didn’t want to go there and NANA and GRANNY knew it! ) To not beat myself up over it. (Mommy is STILL MAD in Heaven❤️) To standing outside Martin with Aunt Colette and Mommy because the girls didn’t like me but the boys did!  The most important lesson I learned was to put ME FIRST! NANA you loved us ALL independently and individually. You made sure we had toiletries, pens to do homework

South Side we OUTSIDE

 I haven’t been bothering ANYONE I stay to myself and take care of my child and my business! I saw two GORGEOUS apartments in NY that wasn’t the right fit for JJ and I. With Aunt Colette and Ms. May because no matter WHAT they have going ON they GOT me! So in ONE WEEK I have set in place the steps to for THE FIRST TIME in my LIFE do exactly WTF I WANNA do! It’s so LIBERATING!  I’m not letting NOBODY stress me OUT! Y’all can HAVE that! I’m JJ’s EVERYTHING! I’m such a GOOD MOTHER! BOTH TIMES! I ask GOD EVERY day to give me the strength to keep moving! Y’all don’t KNOW what I go through!  I don’t care WHO TALK about ME!  I don’t CARE! I always did! I always respect people that don’t respect me! I love who I LOVE! SO! I LISTEN and act RIGHT too! I co-sign on EVERYTHING y’all do! I give the fresh perspective, advice when solicited because WHO AM I TO JUDGE!  I’m so HAPPY and PROUD of myself! My Sister and I are a TAG TEAM! My FAMILY is AMAZING and Nana and Pop Pop didn’t CARE if anyone thou