Skip to main content

Do more Living in Your Life


The end of the year is upon us. The holidays are approaching and depending on what part of the world you are in winter has truly arrived. I have so much going on! This week I have an Awards Show to attend which I'm very excited about. I'm finally going to recite the piece I have worked so hard on at a Spoken Word event. My labor of love it has taken me back to "rapping" in the vestibule of Rachel Arms many moons ago. Then I have a Panel I was selected for. Interesting topic (FASHION). Monetary compensation just sweetens the proverbial pot. I would do it for FREE but the way my kids are set up.....

 I'm trying to juggle everything. It's really hard trying to create an Empire as a single mother. Building a brand doesn't have a structured schedule. When David was little my parents and grandparents were just a phone call away. I try not to bite off more than I can chew. I try not to commit myself to things knowing I may not be able to go. It pays to network and be honest with people. As a hearing impaired person text and email are my primary methods of communication. I write well and people are accommodating. My dream is to be like one of my Idols June Ambrose who incorporates her children into her world and they are so talented, focused and cultured at a young age. Like the late Dr. West was with Kanye. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I went out to dinner last night with my good friend Shirelle and to an event for her Motor Club. Lobster Bisque is my new big girl crack. I don't know what I would of done without her from my pregnancy and through it all. We had so much fun last night acting like we were 22.  David helps me alot when I want to have some time for myself. The bond my boys have helps me sleep at night and wakes me up with a smile.  I can't make up for poor choices and human shortcomings. I am not going to spend the rest of my life trying to either. Just find your TRIBE. People that care about you. That inspire and support you. That share your dreams and can visualize them coming true. Who you can actually share your dreams with.

 Letting someone in is so hard. That's what I'm going through RIGHT now. I don't have my mother's clairvoyance to aid me. The girl that used to LOVE so HARD can't even commit to a strong LIKE. Mind you his EYES sparkle when I speak, he laughs at ALL my jokes, we have our own sign language AND all he does is work and take care of his daughters. He thinks I'm an excellent Mom, loves my food and the fact that I like basketball too.  Did I mention that he's forty and looks twenty-eight? He's so attractive, realistic and patient. He detests drama and triviality. He just wants me to be content in the moment and enjoy the time we spend together. And let him carry some of the load. Let go and trust him. Merriam-Webster defines trust as assured reliance on the character, ability, strength or truth of someone or something. One in which confidence is placed. People ask me how I met him-I always smile and say " being Kim again". Even when he reads this all he's going to say is "REALLY" And the only thing he's going to want is some good food and to watch basketball and SCARY movies that ain't so SCARY watching them with him. My Mo better blues-Mommy would get a kick out of him.

I was so angry over lost TIME. I had to let that go. I have gained some much insight and PEACE over the last six months. I was rushing to accomplish what is already written. If you KNOW what you want then that's half the battle. And don't forget to do more living in your life .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...