Skip to main content

Moving Right Along

  
The days are flying by. It's almost 2018. This year especially the last six months has been a catalyst in my life. I have set professional and personal goals and am trying the best I can to accomplish them. I'm also working on staying more present in the moment and enjoying life's wonderful yet chaotic way of keeping me fulfilled. I sleep more because I am exhausted at the end of each day.

My kids mean everything to me. When Jermaine Jr. was born my Beautiful, Sweet Mother had just passed away. Most of the people that said they would always be there walked away. I was devastated and overwhelmed. I felt betrayed and abandoned. All the time, love and energy I put into others making them feel safe, wanted and taken care of. Looking back retrospectively I now know it was all apart of God's PLAN. Unlike others I choose not to use social media or the internet to throw stones, subs or whatever the youth of today are terming "SHADE". Some things are better left unsaid. With age comes wisdom and growth. I had to have my life turned upside down in order to truly live rightside up. I am exactly where God wants me to be. I wish you well. I harbor no bitterness towards former friends, flames and foes. I can't spend another day, hour or minute dwelling on what could of, should have or didn't happen. I don't have that kind of time. Just don't diss the caterpillar yet sweat the butterfly. 

I haven't really been Blogging consistently because I write daily. Writing is a beautiful thing. It truly is therapeutic. It's a doubled edged sword as well. It forces you to take a literal look at where you are, where you've been and hopefully where you are going. I'm not perfect-I have issues that I am dealing with daily. But the one thing I love about me is that I can depend on me. I had almost nothing left.  I was battered but I wasn't broken. Never had I experienced despair like not having my Mother to rely on. But she is still here. I wasn't good to my Mother like I should of been in life. I put too much time and energy in people, places and things that mean NOTHING to me NOW. She understands. I miss her with everything in me. I miss her telling me to be my best me when I didn't feel like it. She put the cape on Wonder Woman. She BOUGHT the cape. SHIT she introduced me to Diana years ago!!! REAL TALK (tears)

It's funny how life plays out. My mother always boosted my confidence. I have a positive body image because my Mother always made me feel like I look amazing physically. From childhood. My entire family-Grandmothers, MOST of my Aunts. That's why I try to be happy all the time around J.J. It's not his fault about circumstances beyond his control. I spent two days without him when David watched him for me to have a weekend getaway. I missed him so MUCH. To know him is to love him. He's Mommy come right back to me. 

Depression is a very serious epidemic especially in the African-American community. Women are conditioned to build a bridge and get over. If you don't deal with it it doesn't just go away.  Sometimes there's not really enough hours in the day allotted to self-care. If you eliminate what's no longer serving you and designate that time to yourself it truly changes every aspect of your life. Seek help and don't be afraid to do it ALONE.  And a lot of it stems from triggers. Don't surround yourself with situations or people that make YOU FEEL BAD. Bottom line-caskets don't have bunk beds! LIVE AND DO YOU. 

I set many goals this year. I love my community and strive to be a leader by example. To bridge the divide. To be the voice for those who cannot speak or aren't HEARD. No matter where I go in life I will ALWAYS rep FAR ROCK. I just want something different for David and Jermaine. I want Jermaine to attend school and be judged on his merits and accomplishments. I want my enthusiasm and volunteerism to be met with the same respect and energy. I want David to be able to truly appreciate the fruits of his labor. Gentrification is REAL in New York City and like Brooklyn and Manhattan two years from now the demographic will be very different in my hometown. Prepare accordingly. I am not running from ANYTHING I'm just trying to get more bang for my proverbial buck. 

I think that's why God has everything unfolding like He does. He never makes mistakes. He didn't want me to FLEE-he wanted my EXODUS to be a blessed DEPARTURE. I have a way with words some say I am even gifted. I am going to share my story with the world. It's not all pretty, tailored or polished. It's raw, hurtful and poignant. It's amazing as well. And true. I lived it, I'M LIVING it and above ALL I'm living for my parents. The two people who NEVER let me down even when I let them down and who always believed in me and my abilities even when I didn't. It's very sobering when you are basically everything to two people to appreciate two people who were everything to my Sister and I. I don't want to be sacrilegious. My mother taught David, Kazia and Kayla "it will get BETTER" she taught Courtney and I "FUCK that SHIT"  In the immortal words of my Daddy my Twin- " Moving Right Along" 
          

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant with DAVID. At Uncle

Betty Baisley

 As I write but more importantly LIVE I THANK y’all for letting me sit in the front of the bus and listen to music with y’all when I stilll could hear. Papa used to turn the music up real loud for me too on the way to his customers to make his deliveries.  For keeping me in Ms, Goldstein’s class knowing I may have needed a different environment. For coming to my first day of Junior High school (albeit afterschool WHO does that?) For pressing my hair SO GOOD the first day of Martin. For telling me that Brooklyn Tech was a memory (I got waitlisted and didn’t want to go to Summer School to get in because I didn’t want to go there and NANA and GRANNY knew it! ) To not beat myself up over it. (Mommy is STILL MAD in Heaven❤️) To standing outside Martin with Aunt Colette and Mommy because the girls didn’t like me but the boys did!  The most important lesson I learned was to put ME FIRST! NANA you loved us ALL independently and individually. You made sure we had toiletries, pens to do homework

South Side we OUTSIDE

 I haven’t been bothering ANYONE I stay to myself and take care of my child and my business! I saw two GORGEOUS apartments in NY that wasn’t the right fit for JJ and I. With Aunt Colette and Ms. May because no matter WHAT they have going ON they GOT me! So in ONE WEEK I have set in place the steps to for THE FIRST TIME in my LIFE do exactly WTF I WANNA do! It’s so LIBERATING!  I’m not letting NOBODY stress me OUT! Y’all can HAVE that! I’m JJ’s EVERYTHING! I’m such a GOOD MOTHER! BOTH TIMES! I ask GOD EVERY day to give me the strength to keep moving! Y’all don’t KNOW what I go through!  I don’t care WHO TALK about ME!  I don’t CARE! I always did! I always respect people that don’t respect me! I love who I LOVE! SO! I LISTEN and act RIGHT too! I co-sign on EVERYTHING y’all do! I give the fresh perspective, advice when solicited because WHO AM I TO JUDGE!  I’m so HAPPY and PROUD of myself! My Sister and I are a TAG TEAM! My FAMILY is AMAZING and Nana and Pop Pop didn’t CARE if anyone thou