Skip to main content

Joy to MY World



Last year I was so depressed over the death of my Mother and the demise of almost everything that I had known for so long. The holidays meant a lot to my parents. As some may know they met on Thanksgiving night. My father was an excellent cook and he could put together ANYTHING that's why I can't make rice right or coleslaw or hang a picture correctly. He made his OWN rice-a-roni. Everything was ready before Noon because we was going to Nana and Pop Pop's house AFTER Papa, Granny and Auntie bought us jackpot number 2 because MY PARENTS got us EVERYTHING we could ever want EVERY year NO MATTER what. Granny and Papa bought the cool clothes. Granny got you the gingerbread house from the Pottery Barn her employer, Wanamaker's was her store and Bloomingdale's. Auntie Helen bought the gifts that you couldn't find like my Cabbage Patch twins. OMG THEY HAD A STROLLER. One year Mommy bought me a Barbie doll for every day of the MONTH. THEN Pop Pop gave you MONEY. Ten years old 53 dollars in ones circa 1987 I was rich. At 30 he would give me TWO hundred like it was STILL nothing. Aunt Bean bought me a purple radio and Daniele, Court and I had a radio show "KIM Radio" we got the news for you! Oh the memories. Getting beat because Daddy got grease on the inside of my dollhouse walls putting it together while cooking and I got "KIMMISH" on him and telling Nana and she was like "good" and winking at me and giving me something to eat. Granny and Papa was probably over there too. I met Uncle Sam at the holidays and he asked me about school and my dreams and what I wanted to do with my life. I knew he was a special person even as a child. It was ALWAYS Aunt Colette and I washing the same dishes entrusted with that honor and now those dishes are in my home.

I'm excited this year to celebrate the holidays with my children. I am working on a better me. I'm letting love and light back in. I'm letting go of what I cannot change. Above ALL I'm not letting the opinion of others define who I know I am. I have evolved so much in the last year. My children love me. David worries about me so much. I am FINE. I am resilient. Above all I am putting the tenderness and compassion into myself and my children that I gave others for so long and they didn't appreciate it. That brings joy to MY world.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2026

  Healing comes in many forms. I can only speak for myself but setting firm boundaries and choosing not to engage works wonders. I literally see people’s names and recoil.  I always was making the effort. I’m not begging nobody to be in my life. I didn’t do nothing to nobody. JJ requires so MUCH of me. It’s funny because I realized just how much people don’t give AF when I stopped giving AF. I don’t CARE. If I NEVER spoke to some people again in LIFE  I will NEVER give AF. I laugh because life is so much easier without other people sh*t wearing you down. MAD out of NOWHERE. Creating FAKE conflict. Acting like yall not worried about ME but watch EVERYTHING I DO!  I raised a whole human being before I was forty. It was good and bad times but at least I can say I was present and didn’t give up. I tell a lot of jokes but I sleep good ever night behind my kids. I do. Can’t nobody make me feel BAD. Some of yall wanna dress like me, have my bubbly personality. Overcome adve...

Family Ties

When you are an overachiever, successful and KiND you can’t let people drain and drag you down because they can’t RELATE. It will change your personality because you will be on sets and in rooms that you don’t belong in.  Don’t you think I KNOW that if I was docile, submissive, subservient and STUPID what my life would be LIKE? Who I would of become? Where I would of ended up?  Until RECENTLY I HONESTLY was SCARED to TELL my STORY. I STILL wasn’t READY. But being at Auntie S’s beautiful home last Christmas and her pleading with me to WRITE our STORY with her beautiful, clear Doe looking eyes that mirror my Grendmothers I KNEW I had too. Nana used to look at me the SAME way.  Because my Uncle Sam who has ALWAYS had my BACK throughout my entire life whether it be OVERJOYED I was SKIPPING a GRADE. Helping  me write my business PLAN, letting me drive his BRAND new CAR for my road test and being the FIRST one in my FAMILY including my parents that I told I was pregnant wi...

Betty Baisley

 WCW I’m writing about my Grandmother for her birthday. The way she wanted me to when she was alive. The stories that my family attempt to elicit out of me. In 5th Grade I won the NYC Writing Contest based on an piece I wrote about Nana. I literally blocked it out guys ALL these years.  Not that  it was about her but the depth of the subject matter. It was the only time besides when Carlyn died and my Daddy that I really saw her cry HARD. Even now I feel like I am betraying her(I know for naught) Nothing fazed this WOMAN. To compensate for my deplorable handwriting God assigned me the gift of prose. Mommy was sooo elated. Ms. Rand too. It had been a HARD year for my family  I also have a great Memory and my paper Ms. Goldstein held on to it like Ms. Douglas and Ms. Kaplan and Karen Connors would later down the line. They always reread it over and over again and would look at me. When I feel weak and get tired of fighting the powers that be and who don’t BE I draw on ...